Until now, network infrastructure stopped at the equipment and server level. As servers onboard more and more virtual machines, the network extends to the virtual machine itself and the hypervisor becomes a central software component processing all the traffic to virtual machines going through the hypervisor virtual switch.
6WIND Virtual Accelerator™ provides a solution that fulfills all the requirements to power the hypervisor with the required features for virtual networking infrastructures used in Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Data Center Virtualization or Network Appliance Virtualization use cases.
6WIND Virtual Accelerator provides a complete set of networking features including Linux and OVS switching, all kinds of overlays for multi-tenancy, L3 routing, VRF, ACLs, NAT, IPsec, QoS, TCP offloads and more.
All these features are provided with the highest level of performance and the lowest latency using a DPDK-based implementation to build carrier-grade virtualized open architectures.
6WIND Virtual Accelerator software is installed on the KVM hypervisor to offer an alternative to SR-IOV or PCI passthrough that break virtualization. It easily integrates with the Linux kernel, OpenStack and SDN controllers as either the application or the management system keep on interfacing transparently with Linux.
- Increase hypervisor network performance and features without SR-IOV or any changes to the applications
- Multiple VM density on COTS servers
- Optimize network architecture for virtualized network appliances
- Enable low latency (gaming, trading) and network bandwidth-hungry services (NFV workloads, anti-DDoS based services)
- Canonical Juju Charm for quick installation
- Mature solution for high performance I/O leveraging DPDK, with multi-vendor NIC support
- Full software, virtualization compatible and hardware independent solution
- Accelerated virtual switching (Open vSwitch and Linux bridge) and networking (Overlays, ACLs/NAT, routing, VRF, IPsec, QoS, TCP offloads…) using the fastest packet processing algorithms
- Preserves standard Linux commands (tcpdump, iptables, IPsec/XFRM, etc.) for ease of deployment and operation
- Supports standard network management tools including OpenStack and SDN controllers
- Supports existing and unmodified workloads through standard Virtio drivers
- Scalable software-based switching enables Service Chaining
6WIND Virtual Accelerator Solutions
6WIND Virtual Accelerator Resources