6WIND vRouter: The Multi-cloud Virtual Router for Service Providers
As these services are critical for access to their cloud, Service Providers cannot rely on Internet connectivity.
Companies require a direct connection to their Cloud Service Providers for high bandwidth, reduced latency and improved stability. Multi-cloud Service Providers exist to connect these different cloud services and provide an all-in-one peering solution. Customers must be provisioned with specific filtering rules and routing tables, with allocation of specified bandwidth capacity.
6WIND’s vRouter is designed to give Service Providers a software alternative to hardware routers for Multi-cloud routing use cases.
Using 6WIND’s vRouter to implement a Multi-cloud Service Provider solution delivers multiple benefits:
- 6WIND’s vRouter can run in any environment including Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) servers with connectivity from 1G to multiple 100Gs in bare metal and virtual machine (VM) configurations
- One single vRouter instance can handle more than 100 customers with high performance requirements
- Customer separation is assured through the usage of Virtual Routing & Forwarding (VRF)
- 6WIND’s vRouter provides all required features off-the-shelf
- 6WIND’s vRouter management is NETCONF/Yang-based for easy automation