6WIND is a leading networking software company and the worldwide market leader for vRouter solutions. 6WIND software is deployed globally by Service Providers, System Integrators and Tier-1 OEMs allowing customers to replace expensive hardware with software and virtualization for routing and security use cases. 6WIND has a global presence with Headquarters currently based in Paris, France and in Santa Clara, California. It covers a worldwide customer base in more than 50 countries.
6WIND is seeking a talented, highly motivated, Product Marketing Manager to strengthen its team.
A successful candidate will:
Enjoy the dynamic atmosphere required to rapidly grow business.
- Have a passion for technology – especially disruptive ones!
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Product Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally to implement positioning and go-to-market strategies to support 6WIND products and solutions.
You will co-create and drive a distinctive and competitive message and set of value propositions that are grounded in an understanding of the target market audience in line with the 6WIND objectives.
The message should be designed to raise brand awareness of 6WIND in the targeted market(s) and to assist marketing in their generation of sales leads. This role will create and own a product marketing plan which will provide a focus for messaging and campaigns in the relevant product areas.
Working closely with senior product management and marketing stakeholders, the ideal candidate will lead the successful implementation of the Go-To-Market strategies, create compelling messaging and content to support events, customer advocacy, brand, PR/AR, campaigns, competitive intelligence, and product marketing activities. In addition, this person will aid in the development of buyer personas, and support the ongoing global sales enablement activities.
It will also be necessary to engage with non-6WIND entities such as clients, industry analysts, and other opinion makers both to understand and to help to form the industry conversation in the relevant areas.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Own go-to-market strategy for product releases including internal and external collateral development, sales training, customer communication, and messaging.
- Create marketing content including product literature, web content, white papers, video, and demonstrations.
- Create original thought leadership content, in form of white papers, webinars, and industry presentations, and take lead in delivering globally.
- Use knowledge of the worldwide networking software market to analyze and segment the market, identifying targets and messaging for each product line.
- Conceive, plan and execute marketing campaigns in collaboration with the marketing team worldwide, and drive all related activity.
- Work closely with Product Management teams to understand and influence product plans and features, and translate these into sales messaging.
- Support future product releases from product initiation to launch.
- Lead cross-functional and collaborative campaigns and launch programs to ensure successful product rollouts with the highest commercial impact.
- Work closely with the marketing team to help cultivate success stories and value testimonials.
- Support strategic activities directly with the sales team, bringing subject matter expertise, creativity, and innovation to sales and customer enablement cycles.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Domain knowledge of networking software solutions.
- Results-driven product or services marketing professional with a proven ability to deliver commitments on time while achieving or exceeding business goals.
- At least 3 years of product/solutions/services marketing experience.
- Experience in the Networking Software industry is a must.
- Success in marketing, positioning and evangelizing complex networking software products to high-level audiences.
- Record of written publications, white papers, industry presentations, and similar thought leadership publications.
- Successful sales and customer interactions, supporting a sales team or similar.
- Experience building, driving, and executing strategy across multiple product/services lines with a focus against defined goals.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal, and written communication skills, and a proven track record of compelling storytelling.
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and analytical skills along with the ability to execute and assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria. Understand the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when, and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use them.
- Proficient in collaboration and CRM tools such as Salesforce and Pardot.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25% time).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.