6WIND is a leading networking software company and the worldwide market leader for vRouter solutions. 6WIND software is deployed globally by Service Providers, System Integrators and Tier-1 OEMs allowing customers to replace expensive hardware with software and virtualization for routing and security use cases. 6WIND has a global presence with Headquarters currently based in Paris, France and in Santa Clara, California. It covers a worldwide customer base in more than 50 countries.
We are seeking to hire a Product Manager to join our Product Management team. As a Product Manager, you will directly shape the 6WIND’s solutions requirements by working closely with key internal and external stakeholders to define, develop and position 6WIND’s solutions and products in the global marketplace and achieve alignment with company vision and strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership to leverage 6WIND’s strengths in high performance networking, software virtualization, and cloud native designs and solutions.
- Produce formal product requirement documents in collaboration with Engineering to align on product requirements, release plans and roadmaps.
- Own and execute product offerings and manage all associated operational activities throughout the product lifecycle in collaboration with other functional groups including engineering, support, sales and finance.
- Interface with 6WIND teams and customers to continuously gather, define and prioritize product and roadmap requirements and provide aggregate customer product requirements.
- Define and build new business cases to justify new product investments with focus on target customers, market segmentation, development and support costs and lifetime ROI.
- Develop product collateral including product data sheets, technical presentations, white papers, and feature description documents to position 6WIND’s solutions with customers and industry and market analysts.
- Support company growth and profitability by aligning product strategies and roadmap.
- Help building competitive intelligence to analyze competitive offers and position 6WIND’s key areas of differentiation.
- Maintain lead/prospect contact information and notes in Salesforce to manage sales prospecting and track activities
- Help to execute marketing campaigns to drive traffic to online and in-person events
- Interface with 6WIND’s customers and sales teams to present product solutions and company roadmaps.
- Coordinate proof of concepts across internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop sales enablement material to assist in positioning 6WIND’s network solutions in the market.
- Be the go-to person to support sales and pre-sales process.
- Engineering degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent discipline.
- +3 years related product management experience in networking solutions with track-record of successfully launching new product solutions and supporting winning relationships with service providers.
- Experience with IP Networking/routing, IPsec, PKI, and core networking solutions.
- Product lifecycle management with experience in agile product development
- Product management expertise with the ability to build internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Deep understanding of virtualization, network function virtualization, cloud-native solutions, software defined network (SDN), network slicing, and Software defined wide access network (SD-WAN).
- Good knowledge in OpenStack virtual compute environments and Docker containers with Kubernetes orchestration.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to adapt to dynamic environments.
- Strong industry knowledge and aptitude.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time worldwide.