ncorporates Feedback from Cisco, Juniper, MikroTik, Brocade Vyatta and Linux Router Users
Santa Clara, CA and Paris, France, November 29, 2018 – 6WIND, a high-performance networking software company, today announced general availability (GA) for its vRouter 2.0 software. 6WIND’s Virtual Border Router, or vRouter, 2.0 release has a new CLI and NETCONF/YANG-based management engine, including a complete solution with the following features:
- Configuration: Offers both traditional, CLI-based management and management based on YANG, and NETCONF APIs for integration with higher level orchestrators and management frameworks.
- Deployment: Includes packaged images for bare metal, KVM, VMware and Amazon Web Services (AWS), and leverages the Linux cloud-init and Ansible features to enable customization of the system.
- Monitoring: Supports the traditional SNMP and syslog mechanisms, plus data plane telemetry through sFlow, and graphical analytics with time series data base, such as Grafana.
6WIND vRouter 2.0 GA Evaluations Available Now
6WIND’s vRouter 2.0 beta program is now closed and transitioned to GA evaluations after receiving feedback from the following groups:
- Cisco, Juniper, MikroTik and other hardware router users
- Brocade Vyatta vRouter users who need post-EOL support, features and/or performance
- Linux software router users who seek performance and support with integrated management
6WIND’s vRouters are high performance software routers designed to offer a cost-effective alternative to hardware routers. Built with DPDK (Data Plane Development Kit) for networking performance, 6WIND’s vRouters scale up to 12 million packets per second per core of IP Forwarding, 18 Gigabits per second per core of IPsec, 1 million routes and 100,000 IPsec VPN tunnels. Popular 6WIND vRouter use cases include BGP and core routing, IPsec VPN Gateways, CG-NAT, uCPE and SD-WAN.
6WIND’s vRouters are available in bare metal and virtual machine (VM) configurations and run on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) servers. They are available in Virtual Border Router and Virtual Security Gateway software packages with license options from 1G to 100G throughput and 1,000 to 100,000 IPsec VPN tunnels.
Additional Product Releases and Platform Support
- 6WINDGate Source Code: As the foundation technology for 6WIND’s vRouters, 6WINDGate packet processing software gains the new CLI, NETCONF/YANG-based management and graphical analytics for all its features. Customers also gain extensibility and customization of the new management framework for their own existing and added features.
- 6WIND Virtual Accelerator: Adds YANG-based telemetry and OpenStack Queens validation for hypervisor networking power.
- Platform Support: The Intel® Atom™ Processor C3000 Series has been added to 6WIND’s list of supported platforms.
“6WIND’s vRouter 2.0 release delivers next generation and open management for easy integration with our customers’ existing networks and management frameworks,” said Eric Carmès, Founder and CEO of 6WIND. “Our vRouter 2.0 is now generally available for customers to experience the benefits of cost-effective software as an alternative to expensive hardware routers.”
Blog: To read 6WIND’s blog detailing vRouter 2.0 and additional product release features visit: https://www.6wind.com/announcing-6wind-vrouter-2-0-latest-6windgate-and-virtual-accelerator-releases/
Webinar: To attend our vRouter 2.0 GA Webinar, register here: https://www.6wind.com/6wind-vrouter-2-0-general-availiability-webinar-new-cli-and-netconf-yang-management/
Evaluation: To evalute 6WIND’s vRouter 2.0, register here: https://www.6wind.com/evaluation/
6WIND’s networking software solves performance and time-to-market challenges for Service Providers, Enterprises and OEMs. The company’s flagship vRouter technology is available in software appliance, source code and hypervisor networking form factors optimized for cost-effective hardware, such as Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) servers. 6WIND is based near Paris, France with regional offices in China and the United States. For more information visit: http://www.6wind.com.