6WIND is recruiting top notch C Software Developer to join the company’s R&D software teams in France in charge of new product development and services for key customers.
Join our team to work on the Virtualization of network functions in mobile and fixed networks.
The solutions you will work on include the following : Security Gateway, Border Router, Provider Edge Router, CG-NAT, BNG & AGF, UPF, and more in Cloud Native environments.
You will contribute to optimize the throughput and latency, increase the scalability, develop solutions for high availability and implement the telemetry.
Our teams are composed of software development experts and mentors working according to Open Source best practices. Code review and attention to code quality and design are key, as well as CI/CD and test automation.
Skills and qualifications:
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science or Computer Networking/Telco
- At least 5 years experience in developing software, performance optimization, and software maintenance
- Coding expertise in C, Python
- Deep understanding of Linux and Unix, and possibly DPDK internals
- Experience in virtualization environments such as : KVM, Kubernetes, Docker, Openshift
- Strong multithreading and performance-oriented programming skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, including application layer protocols (e.g. DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.), firewalls (Linux iptables), IPsec, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN and MPLS
- Excellent communication in French and English
Possibility of holding the role remotely for experienced candidates ;
You must be located in France and be open to frequent travels to our HQ based in Paris region.