6WIND USA is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer for its vRouter products business in the Americas. This is a strategic role within the company. Your mission will be to become a key and respected technical resource to IT infrastructure personnel at Service Provider and Enterprise accounts. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity to join the company’s growing team in the Americas. The position reports to the Vice President of Sales for the Americas.
A successful candidate will:
- Enjoy the dynamic atmosphere required to rapidly grow business. A “startup” mentality is required.
- Be highly driven to succeed within a deeply technical environment.
- Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be comfortable having dynamic technical discussions, and demonstrating professional debugging skills, with network engineers and architects at customer sites or on the phone/web.
- Be able to work remotely (possibly from a home office) and accomplish duties by use of phone and the web.
Some of the duties include:
- Being responsible for the pre-sales technical interface with the customer.
- Working with customers to understand their network infrastructure and server integration requirements.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations and demonstrations.
- Helping Sales, Marketing and Product Management gather technical details of customer requirements and deployments.
- Helping in the qualification of leads and preparation of proposals.
- Being a compelling advocate for our technical value proposition.
- Proposing alternate network architecture when required.
- Continuing to train and keep up to date on 6WIND’s products as well as products and markets relevant to our product roadmap.
Desired Skills and Experience
- This position requires, at a minimum, a BS Degree in a related field.
- Certifications: Cisco CCNA, CCNP or CCIE is an asset.
- Must have at least 5 years of pre-sales experience in networking software working directly with customers.
- Enterprise network topology design/analysis experience.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Router/switch configuration experience via a CLI, API or NETCONF/YANG.
- IPsec and CG-NAT.
- Linux system administration.
- Server architectures (implementing bare-metal and virtual machine deployments).
- x86 servers (ARM servers are a bonus).
- Traffic Generator tools: IXIA, Spirent and Pktgen (DPDK) a plus.
Austin, Texas preferred. 20% travel.