Job Description – Software Engineer
6WIND is looking for Software Engineers to join the company’s software team in France in charge of new product development and services for key customers.
6WIND is looking for talented software engineers motivated by a very innovative and international environment (6WIND has software teams in France and China, while our key customers are located around the world), willing to develop their expertise in embedded networking software.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the fastest packet processing solutions that are deployed into the evolving areas of SDN (Software Defined Networking) and NFV (Network Functions Virtualization). You will be based at 6WIND’s Headquarters and will be a member of a talented team of software and networking developers with the opportunity to collaborate with talented people around the world.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduated from an engineering school with a specialization in telecoms and/or software engineering,
- At least three years of experience in C and python on UNIX/Linux,
- Strong experience in development for networking protocols including BGP, OSPF, VRRP etc. and/or security protocols like IKE,
- Fluency in using git is required and open source practices,
- Experience in virtualization, container would be a plus but is not required,
- Enjoy problem solving and committed to providing high-quality software,
- Ability to work in a team with a good communication process,
- Fluent in English, ability to write software documents in good English.
Saint Quentin en Yvelines – France. Easy access by train from Paris.