Job Description – Senior Software Engineer
6WIND is looking for Software Engineers to join the company’s software team in France in charge of new product development and services for key customers.
6WIND is looking for talented software engineers motivated by a very innovative and international environment (6WIND has software teams in France and China, while our key customers are located around the world), willing to develop their expertise in embedded networking software.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with the fastest packet processing solutions that are deployed into the evolving areas of SDN (Software Defined Networking) and NFV (Network Functions Virtualization). You will be based at 6WIND’s Headquarters and will be a member of a talented team of software and networking developers with the opportunity to collaborate with talented people around the world.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Honors degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science,
- At least 5 years of experience in embedded software and performance optimization,
- Deep understanding of Linux and Unix and possibly DPDK internals,
- Solid knowledge in CPU architectures (memory BUS, PCI bus, L1/L2/L3 cache) including Intel processors or ARM and in virtualization environment KVM / VMware
- Coding deep in C, Python and Bash,
- Strong multithreading and performance-oriented programming skills,
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, including application layer protocols (e.g. DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.), firewalls (Linux iptables), IPsec, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN and MPLS
- Interacting with customers to understand their requirements and address any issues,
- Excellent communication in French and English working environment.
Saint Quentin en Yvelines – France. Easy access by train from Paris.