6WIND is a leading networking software company and the worldwide market leader for vRouter solutions. 6WIND software is deployed globally by Service Providers, System Integrators and Tier-1 OEMs allowing customers to replace expensive hardware with software and virtualization for routing and security use cases. 6WIND has a global presence with Headquarters currently based in Paris, France and in Santa Clara, California. It covers a worldwide customer base in more than 50 countries.
In order to stay ahead of our competitors and solve the key challenges of the booming 5G technologies market, 6WIND is actively seeking talented and qualified Engineers to reinforce our R&D and Support Departments.
We offer a supportive environment to help you learn, grow, and excel. This role is an excellent platform from which you can advance and evolve your career within 6WIND.
In this role, your main objective will be to ensure post-sales 6WIND customer satisfaction by helping our customers be successful implementing and maintaining 6WIND solutions. This is a very technical role and you will rely on your education and experience to successfully complete tasks. In your day-to-day efforts, you will interact with key architects and senior network engineers of major brand networking organizations and communicate with our internal R&D, Sales and Pre-Sales teams to provide engineering solutions for exceptional customer satisfaction.
A successful candidate will:
Enjoy the dynamic atmosphere required to rapidly grow business.
- Enjoy the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly growing business.
- Have a passion for technology – especially disruptive ones!
- Enjoy interacting with senior engineers and network architects, building trust and solving problems.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be always prepared to continue learning about new networking approaches such as containerized solutions for public cloud.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline and/or Cisco CCNA, CCNP & CCIE or equivalent certification.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and communication/networking protocols such as TCP/IP, IPsec, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, SNMP…
- Has a high level of commitment to customer relationship building.
- Able to fluently speak and write in technical English.
- Determined problem resolver.
- Energetic, upbeat, and tenacious team player who is able to manage time effectively, work independently, and be self-motivated.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in virtualization and container environments
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
- Ability to participate in customer training
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Be the point of contact for customers.
- Support customers who need help with complex and custom 6WIND implementations.
- Build a strong, technical relationship with 6WIND’s customers.
- Analyze and troubleshoot 6WINDGate software issues for customer deployments (virtualized and bare metal).
- Resolve customer issues by debugging remotely or replicating issues in the lab.
- Be the point of contact for customers and manage the relationship with timely resolution of issues and escalation when necessary.
- Document and report customer issues and requirements for review by internal R&D and Product Management teams.
- Participate in 6WIND’s industry leading product launches such as 6WINDCloud, a cloud native solution of network products.