California or Texas
Senior Solutions Architect (North America)
6WIND is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to join the company’s growing team in the Americas. This is a strategic role within the company. Your mission will be to become a key and respected technical resource to the development organizations in major Networking and Telecom companies.
A successful candidate will:
- Be highly driven to succeed within a deeply technical environment.
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to clearly communicate with software development and support team members to determine software requirements and solutions.
- Look forward to working with R&D engineers, from software architects to the C.T.O and V.P. level of major organizations.
- Be able to work remotely (possibly from a home office) and accomplish duties by use of phone and the web.
Some of the duties include:
- Managing the pre-sales technical interface with the customer.
- Working with customers to understand their L2-L4 networking software architecture and required implementation.
- Proposing alternate software architecture when required.
- Demonstrating software architecture and performance through presentations and code reviews.
- Being a compelling advocate of our technical value proposition.
- Continuing to train and keep up-to-date on 6WIND’s products as well as products and markets relevant to our product roadmap.
- Helping to create specific technical proposals including the writing of statements of work.
Desired Skills and Experience
- This position requires, at a minimum, a BS in Engineering (with emphasis in a software engineering discipline).
- Must have at least 15 years of embedded software development experience in networking protocols such as TCP/IP, IPsec, routing protocols.
- Must have at least 5 years of networking software pre-sales experience working with customers.
- Must have the ability to lead a team in the future.
- Hands-on experience with:
- C system programming on UNIX/Linux, including some kernel development.
- Open source developments tools practice: GCC, GDB, gmake…
- Profiling tools such as “perf top” and “oprofile”
- Traffic Generator tools: IXIA, Spirent and pktgen (DPDK)
- UNIX/Linux basic system administration
- x86, Intel DPDK and ARM processors is a plus
- Background in telecom or security being a plus.
- 35% travel is expected.
- Location: California or Texas.