6WIND is a leading networking software company and the worldwide market leader for vRouter solutions. 6WIND software is deployed globally by Service Providers, Systems Integrators and Tier-1 OEMs, allowing customers to replace expensive hardware with flexible virtualized software solutions for routing and end to end security use cases. 6WIND has a global presence with Headquarters in Paris, France and in Santa Clara, California. Our worldwide customer base spans over 50 countries.
In order to stay ahead of our competitors and cope with the challenges of the booming 5G technologies market, 6WIND is actively seeking talented and qualifed Engineers to reinforce our R&D and Support Departments.
We offer a supportive environment to help you grow and excel both professionally and personally. This role is an excellent platform from which you can advance and evolve your career within 6WIND.
Senior Software Engineer
A successful candidate will:
Enjoy the dynamic atmosphere required to rapidly grow business.
- Have a passion for technology – especially disruptive ones!
- Enjoy interacting with customers, building trust and solving problems.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Key Responsibilities :
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work on the fastest packet processing solutions that are deployed into the evolving areas of SDN ( Software Defined Networking ) and NFV ( Network Functions Virtualization ). You will be based at 6WIND’s Headquarters in France and will work alongside a talented team of software and networking developers and have the opportunity to collaborate with the best experts in this domain across the whole market. You will also be responsible for managing a team.
Required Skills/Qualifications :
- Graduated from an Engineers School in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience
- Indepth understanding of Linux, Unix and possibly DPDK internals
- Coding expertise in C, Python and Bash
- Strong multithreading and performance-oriented programming skills
- Some Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, including application layer protocoles (e.g ; DNS, FTP, SMPT, etc .) firewalls ( Linux,iptables), IPsec, BGP, OSPF,VLAN and MPLS.
- Knowledge in container, Docker, Kubernetes and tooling would be a plus.
- Interacting with customers to understand their needs
- Strong ability to adapt quickly and respects timelines
- Fluent in French & English and able to communicate proficiently
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Team Management experience
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and be self-motivated
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player