6WIND is a leading networking software company and the worldwide market leader for vRouter solutions. 6WIND software is deployed globally by Service Providers, System Integrators and Tier-1 OEMs allowing customers to replace expensive hardware with software and virtualization for routing and security use cases. 6WIND has a global presence with Headquarters currently based in Paris, France and in Santa Clara, California. It covers a worldwide customer base in more than 50 countries.
The Product Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally to implement positioning and go-to-market strategies to support 6WIND products and solutions.
You will co-create and drive a distinctive and competitive message and set of value propositions which is grounded in an understanding of the target market audience in line with the 6WIND objectives.
The message should be designed to raise brand awareness of 6WIND in the targeted market(s) and to assist marketing in their generation of sales leads.
Working closely with senior product management and marketing stakeholders, the ideal candidate will lead the successful implementation of the Go-To-Market strategies, create compelling messaging and content to support events, customer advocacy, brand, PR/AR, campaigns, competitive intelligence and product marketing activities. In addition, this person will aid in the development of buyer personas, and support the ongoing global sales enablement activities.
It will also be necessary to engage with non-6WIND entities such as clients, industry analysts and other opinion makers both to understand and to help to form the industry conversation in the relevant areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Market intelligence—be the expert in the Networking Software field. Understand the competitive landscape and value proposition of our products.
- Use knowledge of worldwide networking software market to analyze and segment the market, identifying targets and messaging for each product line.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for a product or product line through market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement, and business planning.
- Follow and understand competitors and key movements occurring in the industry to position and differentiate company solutions
- Synthetize analyst report inputs to position company solutions and drive-up company vision and execution perception.
- Define customer use-case examples and be the primary bridge between customer feedback and requirements and Product Management Team.
- Develop and handle product/solution content in close partnership with the technical solution team, product management, product marketing, sales solutions, and field marketing teams.
- Collaborate with Product management team to understand and influence product plans and features, and translate these into sales messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Drive the production of high-impact prospect, partner, and customer-facing marketing and enablement tools.
- Support future product releases from product initiation to launch.
- Act as marketing’s primary advocate on cross-functional development teams
- Lead cross-functional and collaborative campaigns and launch programs to ensure successful product rollouts with the highest commercial impact.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Results-driven product marketing professional with a proven ability to deliver commitments on time while achieving or exceeding business goals
- At least 5 years of proven ability in product/technical marketing, product management, sales engineering, or sales enablement.
- Experience in the Networking Software industry is a must.
- Record of written technical publications, white papers, industry presentations and similar thought leadership publication.
- Successful sales and customer interactions, supporting a sales team or similar.
- Experience building, driving and executing strategy across multiple product/services lines with a focus against defined goals
- Talented and flexible individual with excellent written communications and strong presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative team skills and good continual engagement of your team and cross-functional partner
- Adept business knowledge
- Organizational abilities
- Capable of bridging customer business requirements to technical feature set and broader market trends, indices, and capabilities
- Business and analytical skills to conduct market analysis, and develop and implement go-to-market plans
- Be a dependable self-starter, taking ownership of leading projects to drive success for the business, working independently and within a team.
- Proven track record of prioritizing and multitasking in a collaborative environment.
100% Remote position with frequent travels at Tradeshows and industry conferences across the US. The person will ideally be based in Texas or US Central region.