6WIND is a leading networking software company and the worldwide market leader for vRouter solutions. 6WIND software is deployed globally by Service Providers, System Integrators and Tier-1 OEMs allowing customers to replace expensive hardware with software and virtualization for routing and security use cases. 6WIND has a global presence with Headquarters currently based in Paris, France and in Santa Clara, California. It covers a worldwide customer base in more than 50 countries.
6WIND is seeking a Solutions Architect for its Virtual Router products business in the Americas. Your mission will be to become a key and respected technical resource at Service Provider and Enterprise accounts. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity to join the company’s growing team in the Americas. The position reports to the Solutions Architect Director.
A successful candidate will:
Enjoy the dynamic atmosphere required to rapidly grow business.
- Have hands-on experience in a similar role
- Have a passion for technology and a “startup” mentality
- Enjoy interacting with customers, building trust and solving problems.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent presentation skills
- Be a key player within the Sales Team and a strategic liaison between R&D and Sales
- Be able to interact with major Networking and Telecom companies worldwide
- Position 6WIND Networking products as the leading solutions in a booming market
- Have an in-depth understanding of the requirements and needs of the prospects
- Build highly sophisticated and efficient demos and presentations
- Lead evaluations, proof of concepts and RFIs/RFQs/RFPs with prospects and customers
- Provide helpful and constructive feedback to our PLM and R&D teams
- Be an important contributor in the evolution of our solutions
- 2+ years of experience in networking software with proven sales track-record
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and communication/networking protocols such as TCP/IP, IPsec, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, SNMP, VLAN, VXLAN, etc.
- Experience of Linux system level network debug experience (statistics, tcpdump, logs, netstat, nmap, traceroute, socat, etc.)
- Familiar with virtualization (KVM, VMware, Openstack) and/or container environments (docker, Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of Telco/CSP/Enterprise/Data-center networking use-cases
- Able to fluently work and write in technical English
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and be self-motivated
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels including C levels within the prospect and client organizations
- Networking Certifications such as CCNA/CCNP are highly appreciated
- Knowledge of traffic generation tools (IXIA, TRex, etc.) and frameworks such as DPDK/VPP/VNF/CNF would be helpful
- Experience in embedded and networking software development would also be seen as a plus