6WIND USA is seeking a talented, highly motivated, Sales Director to work with Network Equipment Providers (NEPs) and/or Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in North America. This is a key strategic role in a rapidly growing company. Your target customers will be able to leverage 6WIND source code and binary offerings to improve product performance, time to market, and overall business value. 6WIND has an impressive list of customers in this space and will be aggressive to expand this list. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity to build a portfolio of business based on strong, proven technology. The position reports to the Vice President of Sales for the Americas.
Key Personal Attributes
- Enjoys the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly growing business. A “startup” mentality is required
- Has a passion for technology – especially disruptive ones!
- Enjoys interacting with customers building trust, and solving problems
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain high productivity in a remote office environment
- Finds a path to success – even in uncertain environments
- Embedded software experience, preferably in Networking and/or Telecom markets
- Familiar with networking protocol stacks such as TCP/IP, IPsec, routing protocols, etc…
- Understanding of both COTS and proprietary hardware environments
- Must have knowledge with the commercial and legal aspects of software licensing and professional services.
- Experience working with and/or for US based NEPs/OEMs in the networking space
- Understanding of SDN and NFV value proposition
- Familiar with product development lifecycle at NEPs/OEMs
- Establish relationships with NEPs/OEMs in North America
- Create and maintain active sales plans for the market
- Build and maintain a growing pipeline of opportunities in Salesforce
- Deliver customer presentations, quotations, and all related materials
- Coordinate highly technical sales efforts across two continents and dozens of customers
- Be willing to work as part of a team, both locally and internationally, to discuss and create tactical sales strategies.
- Close deals
- This position requires 50% travel