6WIND is looking for an agile engineer for its fast-paced workplace, where you can bring ideas to the table, choose your environment (Debian / Fedora / yours / vi / emacs), and impact 100 Gbps networking everyday.
As a Network and Software Engineer (DevOps), you will work with the fastest packet processing solutions that are deployed into the evolving areas of SDN (Software Defined Networking) and NFV (Network Functions Virtualization). You will be based at 6WIND’s Headquarters and will be a member of a talented team of software and networking developers with the opportunity to collaborate with many people around the world.
You will be working within an environment that has the following technologies: Linux, Python, OpenStack, OpenDaylight, DPDK.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Honors degree in Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- Eager to keep learning new technologies
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Work in packet processing environments handling 100s of Gbps
- Deep understanding of Linux and Unix internals
- Fluent with community development tools: IRC / git
- Work with the leading datacenter solutions (Amazon Web Services, OVH, Rackspace) and NFV
- Coding deep in C, Python and Bash
- Understand CPU architectures (memory BUS, PCI bus, L1/L2/L3 cache) including Intel processors SSE, AVX, AVX2, AVX512
- Embedded network CPUs: Cavium Octeon MIPS, Broadcom, ARM, Tilera
- KVM, QEMU, VMware
- Design next generation SDN and NFV solutions
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, including application layer protocols (e.g. DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.), firewalls (Linux iptables), IPsec, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN and MPLS
- Communication in French and English working environment
Saint Quentin en Yvelines – France. Easy access by train from Paris.